Who doesn’t look better with a tan? Nicole Kidman, perhaps. And that’s about it. Glowing skin is sexy and takes your goddess game up a notch. Before you head out to the airbrush salon for a spray tan, prepare your skin with the following tips.
- Shop around: Spray tans are becoming quite popular and you can find many salons offering the service at a discount. Especially on sites like Groupon. Do your research before booking and look for before and after photos. The last thing you want is to walk out orange and uneven.
- Shower 4 hours before your spray tanning appointment. You want pores to be closed before your appointment so draw the line at 4 hours prior.
- Exfoliate- Exfoliation is crucial prior to your spray tan appointment. Use a salt scrub or a dry brush to thoroughly remove all dead skin cells so that the color can be applied evenly.
- Avoid showering- Don’t let all that gorgeous color get down the drain! Avoid showering, bathing, or swimming for up 12 hours after your tanning appointment. We know, we know, it’s just not fair you have to wait to make a splash poolside, but the results will be worth it.
- Moisturize- Keep your spray tanning looking good by moisturizing your body every day, especially after bath time.
- Keep yourself booked- What’s worse than summer ending? That’s right! Your tan fading. Ugh. Stay on top of your bronzed body by booking weekly spray tan appointments. Simply schedule a day and time that works best for you and make it a point to show up regularly. Who needs the gym? When you’re tan, everything looks better.